|Remuneration:||R900000 – R950000 per year|
Manage project planning and delivery –
- Lead a project from inception (idea stage) through planning and execution of the final working solution following a structured approach.
- Understand and ensure that business requirements have been understood and correctly interpreted.
- Define project objectives, scope, impacts, outcomes, costs, benefits and success criteria in collaboration with business champions, business unit management, program sponsor and other relevant stakeholders (if applicable).
- Ensure the delivery of the required output(s) for each phase or step.
- Create and control all documents related to project management.
- Manage the people, processes and technology needed to effectively deliver solutions based on project requirements.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews (PIRs) and provide recommendations based on best practices and lessons learned.
Manage project risks and issues –
- Identify and mitigate issues and risks that may negatively impact the project.
- Track and escalate key decisions, unresolved issues, and risks.
Ensuring effective budgetary control –
- Manage the project budget by forecasting needs.
- Monitor, track and manage expenses by analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
Manage and support the project team –
- Lead cross-functional project teams and track progress of tasks to ensure timely completion.
- Coach team members on structured methodology and best practices.
- Manage the team to meet project commitments.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to team members and their respective line managers (if applicable).
Effective quality and process management –
- Apply quality management principles and processes.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with organizational standards and processes.
- Ensure required documentation is complete, up-to-date and stored appropriately.
Effective reporting and stakeholder management –
- Build and maintain business, vendor and IT relationships with stakeholders.
- Conduct regular project reviews and accurately communicate project status.
- Produce management reports using established IT portfolio management methodology.
- Establish and update plans with actuals and forecasts.
- Relevant 3-year higher degree related to IT or NQF aligned.
- Project Management Certificate.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in program and project management.
- Manage at least 5 IT or IT-related projects through the full project management lifecycle.
- Experience in agile project management.
- Proven track record in delivering enterprise application and infrastructure projects.
- May be required to work flexible hours to support project delivery.
- Travel (locally and within Africa) may be required, depending on the scope and requirements of the project.
- In-depth understanding and experience of IT project management methodologies.
- Ability to develop business cases or feasibility studies to justify the initiative
Posted on May 23 11:39, Closing date June 22